Why Study in Ireland
Ireland has published a landmark International Education Strategy 2010-15. This is with a view to creating brand ambassadors for Ireland across countries. Ireland is fully aware that it makes sense to invest in international students.
- In the next 4 years, Ireland wants to take in 25,500 international students on full-time courses.
- A statutory Code of Practice and Quality Mark is awarded to educational institutions that meet laid down criteria.
- This Quality mark will be used by State bodies for visas, immigration, access to labour market and also for promotions.
- Ireland intends to fast track degree programme visas. The maximum time a student may stay in Ireland for the purpose of attending courses at degree level is limited to seven years and students are responsible for managing their studies to ensure compliance with this time limit.
- Students at honours bachelors degree level and above will be allowed to remain in Ireland for upto one year for the purpose of gaining relevant work experience or developing a business idea.
With a reputation for natural beauty and friendliness, Republic of Ireland also has a long tradition of education. The Republic of Ireland covers 26 of the 32 counties and the remaining counties form Northern Ireland which is part of the United Kingdom.
Top 10 reasons why Indian students should consider studying in Ireland
- It is an English speaking country within the European Union.
- It has short duration Masters degrees, usually of 1 year
- It has a long tradition of providing quality education.
- About 10% of the population is foreign nationals, the society is multi-cultural. Approximately 1500 Indian students currently study in Ireland.
- It is a very friendly society.
- It is closer to home, just nine hours away by flight and is gateway to Europe.
- It is home to more than 1000 MNCs who run their back office operations out of Ireland.
- It is at the cutting edge of science and technology. The National Development Plan (NDP), and the Strategy for Science, Technology & Innovation (SSTI) are investing a total of €8.2 billion in research and development during the period 2006-2013.
- It provides clear cut road map towards securing work and eventual permanent residency.
- It is a young country like India, 40% of the population is under 25 years of age